Well, the sky was not some incredibly painted color this morning, but nonetheless, there was that dreamy morning glow as the sun rose in this beautiful Vasona Park…I am not an early bird (like, AT ALL), but this morning I was just awake at 630am and thought “I am going to go capture a few shots!” So that’s kind of what went down. Here are a few shots from my early mornin shoot!
In other oh so very exciting news, I received a Liebster Award!! Wowza!! Prior to Michelle giving me the award, I had no idea this award existed…I am still so new in the blog world! I am so humbled and appreciative to receive this award…it is so nice to know someone out there enjoys my posts! Thank you for your support Michelle! You should really check out her blog, she has got some really neat photography and stories of her travels! See all the goodness here – http://kidazzleink.com/
If you are a newbie such as myself, and had no idea this award existed either, this link is a great place to get the info on some of the rules associated with it and what the award means – http://lorrainemariereguly.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/the-liebster-award-the-official-rules-my-first-blog-award-and-a-few-personal-secrets-revealed/
The basic/main rules in order to accept the award are as follows (copied/modified from Michelle’s post):
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated them
- Answer ten questions given to them by their nominee
- Nominate 5 – 10 or so other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for their own 10 nominees to answer.
- Notify your new nominees for the award
Here are my answers to Michelle’s Q’s:
1. What is your favorite thing to do when you have time to yourself at home on holidays?
Curl up with a good book, my blankie, and a cup of delicious coffee! Don’t bother me if you know whats good for ya! 😛
2. What is your favorite wild animal and what country is it native to?
Favorite wild animal is the tiger! Rawr! 😀 It is native to Asian lands/countries…just so stunning and powerful. Amazing creatures.
3. Do you prefer to stay home, visit family or travel overseas when you holiday?
Oh this just all depends on how tired/exhausted I am from what is going on in life! If I am feeling overworked, I prefer to spend some time at home doing a whole lotta nothin! But, for the most part, I’ve got an adventurist spirit…I prefer and usually seek to travel.
4. What was the absolute best family holiday you remember having as a child?
Oh that’s a tough one! My family and I never traveled together often enough, unfortunately…Best memory would have to be when we all went to Croatia one summer. So beautiful over there, I miss it!
5. What’s the most outstanding holiday you’ve ever had as an adult?
Oh I would have to say that Christmas is always my favorite and most outstanding holiday 🙂 The lights, the tree…its all so memorable.
6. Where did you go on your last holiday?
My last holiday was this past July, which was also my honeymoon, to New York City! Love that exciting city! You can see pics from there in a previous post of mine.
7. What activities/entertainment do you look for when you start planning for a holiday period (i.e. time at home, markets, beaches, sightseeing, cultural pursuits etc)?
For most of the holidays I plan either time at home, trips to visit family, and travel not too far from home…California has so much to offer, and even though I have lived here a long time there is so much left to see! I usually try to explore somewhere new not too far from me.
8. What are your two favorite countries overseas?
Def. Serbia and Croatia, where I am from…both stunning in different ways.
9. Where would you go if you had about $1000 to plan a holiday right now?
Oh what a tough choice! I would have to say Greece…I have such a wish to go there.
10. If you had a Fairy God Mother who could grant you the holiday of a life time….whatever you wanted to do, wherever you wanted to go, however much it cost…what do you think you would choose?
Ohh does this mean I can make it last as long as I want?! Year long holiday break?! 😀 I would love a trip of two weeks each in Greece, Rome, Ireland, and Switzerland – on my list of top places to see. I would just want to experience the culture and take a billion pics hehe
Those questions give you a bit of insight to who I am 🙂
Now here are the 10 Q’s for the great bloggers I am nominating!
1. What made you start your blog, and when did you realize you wanted to write it?
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
3. Has your life changed since you began blogging, and if so, how?
4. What are your goals for your blog, if you have any?
5. Tell us about your favorite hobby!
6. Who has been your greatest role model?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. if you had to pick one place to travel to in the world, where would you go?
9. If you could, would you travel back in time or travel to the future?
10. Share your favorite quote with us.
Now, for the nominees (in no particular order, of course – they’re all equally awesome)!! I have not had much time to explore other blogs on here (heck, its time consuming just trying to keep my own going), but these are a few I discovered very recently that deserve to be known:
1. Imaginal Worlds – http://imaginalworlds.org/ – simple blog, easy to see all of the beautiful and inspiring images
2. What I Saw – http://whatisawwasbeautiful.wordpress.com/ – I really love the foggy/darker feel of the images captured…inspiring and hauntingly beautiful!
3. Simple Photography – http://valeriegeorgiaphoto.wordpress.com/ – the name truly does describe the photography, and the simplicity is what is so lovely about it. I am sure you will enjoy Valerie’s captures.
4. Andrey Tchernikov Photography – http://tchernikov.wordpress.com/ – Andrey has some truly lovely images, you will enjoy seeing…another blog that is simple to view, and just focuses all attention on the beauty of the captures.
5. West Coast Lens – http://westcoastlens.co/ – Lex has some wonderful images! Great perspective and angles which show great creativity…love it!
Those are it for me! All blogs worthy of mention 🙂 To add the award widget to your award, follow instructions on this blog (or feel free to do some research yourself if you have any issues) – http://dawnyhosking.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/adding-a-widget-to-wordpress-sidebar/
Thanks again Michelle for this award! It is exciting to feel a part of the blogging community!